Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 2--The No Heat Struggle (Be Encouraged)

Day 2 was a struggle; however, I was able to learn some valuable lessons as I get into this no heat challenge. 
  1. My hair does not naturally absorb all of the oils that I put into it so I need to be careful of the products I used (I had oil all on my neck by the end of the day)
  2. As we already know, water is my friend!
  3. I need to be patient!
As I was getting prepared for my sister's graduation party last night, I thought about using the flat iron at least 3 times. Because my edges have broken off so badly, I could not get them to lay down. I just wanted to press them out. Even though my twist-out was only a day old, I could not get it back to how it was on Day 1.

Luckily, I purchased a curl pudding from Lustrasilk (pictured below) and it does an excellent job with defining my very tight curls. It also moisturizes without being too oily and without leaving a residue. As far as my edges go, I used the Organic Roots Twist & Lock Gel and they we actually under control for the entire night. 

As I continue on this heatless journey, I am aware that I will be tempted to put heat on my hair but I keep picturing how healthy my hair is going to be because of the change. Be encouraged natural sistas! XO-Andrea

This stuff saved my life this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment