So today I did my first twist-out and I am VERY pleased with the results. Admittedly I was very nervous as I was twisting it last night. Below is the process as well as the products I used. After that, pictures of the end result follow. Enjoy! XOXO--Andrea
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Carol's Daughter Monoi Hair mask
- Shea Moisture's Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk
- All Natural Raw Shea Butter
- Organic Roots Lock & Twist Gel
- Wet hair, comb out, and section
- Mix conditioning treatment and a bowl with one capful of EVOO together.
- Apply mixture to each section of hair and comb conditioning mixture through hair & massage into scalp
- Leave conditioner in hair for 15-20 minutes (for a deep conditioner, place a plastic cap over hair and sit under dryer)
- Rinse the conditioner out and apply the hair mask to each section.
- Comb hair mask through the hair and let it sit for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse hair mask out.
- Detangle hair with wide tooth comb and section hair
- Apply conditioning milk to each section and comb through
- On each section use a small amount of twist and lock gel and Shea butter (be sure to only use a small amount to prevent product residue/buildup once dry)
- Allow to dry, untwist, and style
Pictures (Before, After)